10 Modules / 10 Hours including Test/Certification for Batteries/Access to regulations required
Start your training with an introduction to dangerous goods by completing a dangerous goods awareness course. You will discover what dangerous goods are, the regulations that support dangerous goods, and the 9 hazard classes.
Our Adequate instruction course supports learning for shipping of Lithium-ion UN3481 packed with and contained in equipment and, Lithium metal UN3091 packed with or contained in equipment by Air transportation.
Adequate Instruction Section II battery training is for employees that work in an environment where Lithium-Ion or Metal Batteries are handled and prepared for shipping by Air. This course deals with the transportation of low-level Lithium Batteries internationally.
Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualifications.
Access to the current IATA regulations is required, this can be purchased along with the course.
Dangerous Goods Awareness & Section II Battery Course Objectives:
- Build your knowledge of dangerous goods
- Correctly prepare a consignment of Section II batteries for air transportation
- Review the practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of Section II batteries for air transportation
Dangerous Goods Awareness & Section II Battery Course Content:
- What are dangerous goods
- The Regulations
- The 9 Hazard Classes
- UK Law and Applicability
- Classification of Lithium-ion and lithium metal batteries
- Proper Shipping Name and Special Provisions
- Packaging Requirements
- Marking & Labelling requirements for Section II batteries
- Communication on documents for the carriage