12 Modules | 14 Hours including Test | IATA and IMDG Certification | Access to regulations required |
Our course supports learning for shipping Class 9 Lithium Batteries covering the transporting and shipping of Lithium ion UN3480, UN3481, Lithium metal UN3090 and UN3091 by Air and Sea transportation.
Our Lithium Batteries by Air training is for employees that work in an environment where Lithium Ion or Metal Batteries are handled and prepared for shipping. The course is fully approved in the UK by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and concludes with an adjudicated test. The Sea course concludes with a knowledge test.
Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualification.
Access to the current IATA and IMDG regulations is required, this can be purchased along with the course.
Lithium Batteries by Air & Sea Course Objectives:
- Correctly prepare a consignment of lithium batteries for air and sea transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of lithium batteries for air and sea transportation
Lithium Batteries by Air and Sea Course Content:
- Law and Applicability
- Limitations of Air Transport
- Classification of Lithium Batteries
- Identification of substances in the Dangerous Goods List, Proper Shipping Names
- Packaging Requirements and limitations
- Marking & Labelling requirements
- Preparation of Dangerous Goods transport documents
- Cargo Handling & Security