- This event has passed.
Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Sea (IMDG) – Virtual – 14th Feb’22
14 February @ 8:00 am£410.00
Dangerous Goods by Sea Course Overview:
Our Dangerous Goods by Ocean/Sea training is for employees that are engaged in the handling and shipping of dangerous goods by Ocean. The training ensures that candidates meet the requirements of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) regulations.
It will provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to correctly pack, mark and label and prepare shipments of dangerous goods for transport by sea and covers the 9 Hazard classes.
The course concludes with a validation test. Successful candidates receive a certificate in shipping dangerous goods by Sea, which is valid for two years, after which you must re-validate your qualification.
This course is also for those with an existing Dangerous Goods by Sea certification require revalidation. Our training covers all job roles from shippers, freight forwarder through to ocean carriers. We encourage the use of real work examples
Dangerous Goods by Ocean Course Objectives:
- Correctly prepare a consignment of dangerous goods for ocean transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding the preparation and handling of goods for ocean transportation.
- Validate whether a consignment has been correctly prepared for sea transportation (freight forwarders & carriers)
Dangerous Goods by Ocean Course content:
- Review the legal responsibilities
- Understand how to locate information within the IMDG Regulations
- Classification, Proper Shipping Names and UN Numbers for Dangerous Goods
- Reviewing Packing Instructions
- Types of Packaging and Overpacks
- Marking and Labelling requirements for Dangerous Goods by Ocean
- Correctly complete Dangerous Goods Notes
- Identify which dangerous goods must be segregated
The IMDG training details the functional training requirement for all employees that handle dangerous goods shipments. Delegates will receive a certificate of completion. We recommend that knowledge and skills are refreshed every 2 years, in line with the latest regulations.
Dangerous Goods by Sea Course Schedule:
14th February: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm
15th February: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm
16th February: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm