- This event has passed.
Dangerous Goods by Air – Virtual – 23rd May 22
23 May @ 8:00 am£495.00
Dangerous Goods by Air Course Overview:
Our Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) approved Dangerous Goods by Air certification training course is for any person that is engaged in the handling and shipping of dangerous goods by Air.
Learn how to prepare packages and the transport document to International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Air to IATA requirements.
It will provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to pack, mark, and label correctly, and prepare shipments of dangerous goods for transport by air, and covers the 9 Hazard classes.
The course concludes with a validation test. Successful candidates receive a certificate in shipping dangerous goods by Air, which is valid for two years, after which you must re-validate your qualification. If you already hold Dangerous Goods by Air certification and are requiring revalidation prior to the expiry date you can undertake Dangerous Goods by Air refresher training. (link to the Dg by Air Refresher Course)
Dangerous Goods by Air Course Objectives:
- Correctly prepare a consignment of dangerous goods for air transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of goods for air transportation
- Validate whether a consignment has been prepared correctly for air transportation (forwarders & carriers)
Dangerous Goods by Air Course Content:
- Overview of the dangerous goods regulations (ICAO, IATA)
- How dangerous goods regulations are monitored in the UK
- Using the Dangerous Goods Regulations
- State and Operator Variations
- Classification, Proper shipping names, and UN numbers
- Packaging Instructions
- Types of Packaging and Overpacks
- Different Dangerous Goods Packaged Together
- Marking and Labelling
- Completion of the shipper’s declaration for dangerous goods
- Shipment Checking
- Air Waybill completion
- Emergency Procedures
Dangerous Goods by Air Course Schedule:
6 x 4.5 hr Virtual Zoom sessions.
23rd – 27th May: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm (5 x 4.5 hr sessions)
25th May: 13:30 pm – 4:00 pm (additional session)