Dangerous Goods by Sea and Road (IMDG & ADR) – Virtual – 11th Sept 23
11 September, 2023 @ 8:00 am£525.00
Combined Sea and Road Course Overview:
Our Combined Dangerous Goods course combines the Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR) and the International Maritime regulations (IMDG) to provide a unique joint certification course.
This course is for employees engaged in the handling and shipping of dangerous goods by Road and Sea. The training ensures that candidates meet the requirements of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) regulations and International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR). It provides attendees with the skills and knowledge required to correctly handle and prepare shipments to ensure that all shipments are compliant with both regulations.
The course concludes with a validation test. Successful candidates receive a certificate in shipping dangerous goods by Road and Sea, which is valid for two years, after which you must re-validate your qualification. This course is also for those with an existing Dangerous Goods by Road and Sea certification requiring revalidation.
Combined Sea and Road Course Objectives:
- Correctly prepare a consignment of dangerous goods for sea and road transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of goods for both methods of transportation
Combined Sea & Road Course Content:
- Review the legal responsibilities
- Understand how to locate information within the IMDG and ADR Regulations
- Classification, Proper Shipping Names, and UN Numbers for Dangerous Goods
- Reviewing Packing Instructions
- Types of Packaging and Overpacks
- Marking and Labelling requirements for Dangerous Goods by Sea and Road
- Correctly complete Dangerous Goods Notes
- Identify which dangerous goods must be segregated
- Driver requirements
- ADR Exemptions
- Tunnel Codes
Combined Sea & Road Course Schedule:
6 x 4.5 hr Virtual Zoom sessions.
11th – 15th September: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm (5 x 4.5 sessions)
13th September: 13:30 pm – 4:00 pm (additional session)