Dangerous Goods by Sea (IMDG) – Virtual – 13th Feb 23
13 February, 2023 @ 8:00 am£415.00
Dangerous Goods by Sea Course Overview
Our Dangerous Goods by Ocean/Sea training is for employees that are engaged in the handling and shipping of dangerous goods by Ocean. The training ensures that candidates meet the requirements of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) regulations.
It will provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to correctly pack, mark and label, and prepare shipments of dangerous goods for transport by sea and covers the 9 Hazard classes. The course concludes with a validation test. Successful candidates receive a certificate in shipping dangerous goods by Sea, which is valid for two years, after which you must re-validate your qualification.
This course is also for those with an existing Dangerous Goods by Sea certification that requires revalidation. Our training covers all job roles from shippers, and freight forwarders through to ocean carriers. We encourage the use of real work examples.
If you require also to transport dangerous goods by road, we recommend our Combined Sea and Road Course.
Dangerous Goods by Sea Course Objectives
- Correctly prepare a consignment of dangerous goods for ocean transportation.
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding the preparation and handling of goods for ocean transportation.
- Validate whether a consignment has been correctly prepared for sea transportation (freight forwarders & carriers).
Dangerous Goods by Sea Course content:
- Review the legal responsibilities
- Understand how to locate information within the IMDG Regulations
- Classification, Proper Shipping Names, and UN Numbers for Dangerous Goods
- Reviewing Packing Instructions
- Types of Packaging and Overpacks
- Marking and Labelling requirements for Dangerous Goods by Ocean
- Correctly complete Dangerous Goods Notes
- Identify which dangerous goods must be segregated
The IMDG training details the functional training requirement for all employees that handle dangerous goods shipments. Delegates will receive a certificate of completion. We recommend that knowledge and skills are refreshed every 2 years, in line with the latest regulations.
Dangerous Goods by Sea Course Schedule
4 x 4.5 hr Virtual Zoom sessions.
13th – 15th February: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm (3 x 4.5 sessions)
15th February: 13:30 pm – 4:00 pm (additional session)