- This event has passed.
Lithium Batteries by Air – Classroom – 12th Apr 22
12 April @ 8:00 am£310.00
Lithium Batteries by Air Course Overview:
Our courses support learning for shipping Class 9 Lithium Batteries covering the transporting and shipping of Lithium ion UN3480, UN3481, Lithium metal UN3090 and UN3091 by Air transportation.
The in-depth Carriage of Lithium Batteries training provides delegates with the skills and knowledge required to correctly pack, mark and label and prepare shipments of lithium batteries for transport by air within the IATA, Regulations.
This training is suitable for employees requiring more knowledge on batteries: shippers, freight forwarders, operators, cargo screeners.
Successful candidates will receive a certification in shipping lithium batteries, valid for two years, after which you must refresh your qualification.
Lithium Batteries by Air Course Objective:
- Correctly prepare a consignment of lithium batteries for air transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of lithium batteries for air.
Lithium Batteries by Air Course Content:
- Overview of the dangerous goods regulation (ICAO, IATA)
- How dangerous goods regulation are monitored in the UK
- Using the Dangerous Goods Regulations
- State and Operator Variations
- Classification, Proper shipping names and UN numbers
- Special Provisions
- Packaging Instructions
- Types of Packaging and Overpacks
- Marking and Labelling
- Completion of the shipper’s declaration for dangerous goods
- Emergency Procedures
Lithium Batteries by Air Course Schedule:
12th April: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm
13th April: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm
14th April: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm