- This event has passed.
Lithium Batteries by Sea – Virtual – 26th Sept 22
26 September @ 8:00 am£150.00
Lithium Batteries by Sea Course Overview:
Our courses support learning for shipping Class 9 Lithium Batteries covering the transporting and shipping of Lithium ion UN3480, UN3481, Lithium metal UN3090 and UN3091 by Air, Road or Sea transportation.
The in-depth Carriage of Lithium Batteries training provides delegates with the skills and knowledge required to correctly pack, mark and label and prepare shipments of lithium batteries for transport by air, road, or sea within the IATA, IMDG and ADR Regulations.
This training is suitable for employees requiring more knowledge on batteries: shippers, freight forwarders, operators, cargo screeners. Successful candidates will receive a certification in shipping lithium batteries, valid for two years, after which you must refresh your qualification.
If you need all modes, please refer to Lithium Batteries by Air, Sea & Road
Lithium Batteries by Sea Course Objective:
- Correctly prepare a consignment of lithium batteries for sea transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of lithium batteries for sea.
Lithium Batteries by Sea Course Content:
- Overview of the dangerous goods regulation (IMDG)
- How dangerous goods regulation are monitored in the UK
- Using the Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Classification, Proper shipping names and UN numbers
- Special Provisions
- Packaging Instructions
- Types of Packaging and Overpacks
- Marking and Labelling
- Completion of the Dangerous Goods Note
- Emergency Procedures
Lithium Batteries by Sea Course Schedule:
- 26th September: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm (1 x 4.5hr Virtual Zoom session)