Lithium Batteries by Road – Virtual – 25th Jul 23
25 July, 2023 @ 8:00 am£195.00
Lithium Batteries by Road Course Overview:
Our courses support learning for shipping Class 9 Lithium Batteries covering the transporting and shipping of Lithium ion UN3480, UN3481, Lithium metal UN3090 and UN3091 by Road transportation.
The in-depth Carriage of Lithium Batteries training provides delegates with the skills and knowledge required to correctly pack, mark and label and prepare shipments of lithium batteries for transport by road within the ADR Regulations.
This training is suitable for employees requiring more knowledge on batteries: shippers, freight forwarders, operators, cargo screeners. Successful candidates will receive a certification in shipping lithium batteries, valid for two years, after which you must refresh your qualification.
If you need all modes, please refer to Lithium Batteries by Air, Sea & Road
Lithium Batteries by Road Course Objective:
- Correctly prepare a consignment of lithium batteries for road transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of lithium batteries for road.
Lithium Batteries by Road Course Content:
- Overview of the dangerous goods regulation (ADR)
- How dangerous goods regulation are monitored in the UK
- Using the Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Classification, Proper shipping names and UN numbers
- Special Provisions
- Packaging Instructions
- Types of Packaging and Overpacks
- Marking and Labelling
- Completion of the Dangerous Goods Note
- Emergency Procedures
- Tunnel Codes
Lithium Batteries by Road Course Schedule:
- 25th July: 8:00 am to 12:30 pm (1 x 4.5hr Virtual Zoom session)