- This event has passed.
Radioactive Materials by Air – Revalidation – 5th April 22
5 April @ 9:00 am£305.00
Radioactive Materials by Air – Revalidation Course Overview:
Our Radioactive Materials training is for employees that are engaged in the handling and shipping of radioactive materials Class 7 by Air. The training ensures that candidates meet the requirements of the IATA regulations.
It will provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to correctly pack, mark, label, and prepare shipments of radioactive materials.
The course concludes with a validation test. Successful candidates receive a certificate in shipping radioactive materials by Air, which is valid for two years, after which you must re-validate your qualification.
Radioactive Materials by Air – Revalidation Course Objectives:
- Adhere to IATA standards regarding the responsibilities and tasks of transporting radioactive materials of Class 7
- Correctly prepare a consignment of dangerous goods for air transportation
Radioactive Materials by Air – Revalidation Course Content:
- Overview of the dangerous goods regulations (ICAO, IATA)
- How dangerous goods regulations are monitored in the UK
- Using the Dangerous Goods Regulations
- State and Operator Variations
- Classification, Proper shipping names, and UN numbers
- Packaging Instructions
- Types of Packaging and Overpacks
- Different Dangerous Goods Packaged Together
- Marking and Labelling
- Completion of the shipper’s declaration for dangerous goods
- Shipment Checking
- Air Waybill completion
- Emergency Procedures
Radioactive Materials by Air – Revalidation Course Schedule:
5th April: 09:00 am to 05:00 pm