10 Modules | 11 Hours plus Test | IATA Certification | Access to regulations required |
Start your training with an introduction to dangerous goods by completing a dangerous goods awareness course. You will discover what dangerous goods are, the regulations that support dangerous goods, and the 9 hazard classes.
Our course supports learning for shipping Class 9 Lithium Batteries covering the transporting and shipping of Lithium-ion UN3480, UN3481, Lithium metal UN3090 and UN3091 by Air transportation.
Our Lithium Batteries by Air training is for employees that work in an environment where Lithium-Ion or Metal Batteries are handled and prepared for shipping. The course is fully approved in the UK by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and concludes with an adjudicated test.
Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualifications.
Access to the current IATA regulations is required, this can be purchased along with the course.
Dangerous Goods Awareness & Lithium Batteries by Air Course Objectives:
- Build your knowledge on dangerous goods
- Correctly prepare a consignment of lithium batteries for air transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of lithium batteries for air transportation
Dangerous Goods Awareness & Lithium Batteries by Air Course Content:
- The Regulations
- The 9 Hazard Classes
- UK Law and Applicability
- Classification of Lithium-ion and lithium metal batteries
- Proper Shipping Name and Special Provisions
- Packaging Requirements
- Marking & Labelling requirements for Lithium Batteries
- Preparing the transport document
- Handling & Security