10 Modules | 10 Hours plus Test | ADR Certification | Access to regulations required |
Start your training with an introduction to dangerous goods by completing a dangerous goods awareness course. You will discover what dangerous goods are, the regulations that support dangerous goods, and the 9 hazard classes.
Our course supports learning for shipping Class 9 Lithium Batteries covering the transporting and shipping of Lithium-ion UN3480, UN3481, Lithium metal UN3090 and UN3091 by road transportation.
Our Lithium Batteries by Road training is for employees that work in an environment where Lithium-Ion or Metal Batteries are handled and prepared for shipping. The course concludes with a knowledge test.
Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualifications.
Access to the current ADR regulations is required, this can be purchased along with the course.
Dangerous Goods Awareness & Lithium Batteries by Road Course Objectives:
- Build your knowledge on dangerous goods
- Correctly prepare a consignment of lithium batteries for road transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of lithium batteries for road transportation
Dangerous Goods Awareness & Lithium Batteries by Road Course Content:
- The Regulations
- The 9 Hazard Classes
- UK Law and Applicability
- Classification of Lithium-ion and lithium metal batteries
- Proper Shipping Name and Special Provisions
- Packaging Requirements
- Marking & Labelling requirements for Lithium Batteries
- Preparing the transport document
- Handling & Security