8 Modules | 9 Hours including Test | ADR and IMDG Certification | Access to regulations required|
Our course supports learning for shipping Class 9 Lithium Batteries covering the transporting and shipping of Lithium-ion UN3480, UN3481, Lithium metal UN3090 and UN3091 by Road and Sea transportation.
Our Lithium Batteries by Road and Sea training is for employees that work in an environment where Lithium-Ion or Metal Batteries are handled and prepared for shipping by road. The course concludes with a knowledge test.
Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualifications.
Access to the current ADR and IMDG regulations is required, this can be purchased along with the course.
Lithium Batteries by Road & Sea Course Objectives:
- Correctly prepare a consignment of lithium batteries for road and sea transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of lithium batteries for road and sea transportation
Lithium Batteries by Road & Sea Course Content:
- Law and Applicability
- Classification of Lithium Batteries
- Identification of substances in the Dangerous Goods List, Proper Shipping Names, and Special Provisions
- Packaging Requirements
- Marking & Labelling requirements
- Preparation of Dangerous Goods transport documents
- Tunnel Codes and Transport Categories
- Cargo Handling & Security