6 Modules | 6 Hours plus Test | IMDG Certification | Access to regulations required|
Our Lithium Batteries by Sea training is for employees that work in an environment where Lithium Ion or Metal Batteries are handled and prepared for shipping by Sea. Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualification. Access to the current IMDG regulations is required, this can be purchased along with the course.
• Correctly prepare a consignment of lithium batteries for sea transportation
• Validate whether a consignment has been prepared correctly for sea transportation
• Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of lithium batteries for sea transportation.
• UK Law and Applicability
• Identification of Lithium ion and lithium metal batteries
• Classification, Proper Shipping Name and Special Provisions
• Packaging Requirements
• Marking & Labeling requirements
• Preparing the documentation & transport documents for carriage