6 Modules | 6 Hours plus Test | IATA Certification | Access to regulations required |
This course is for any shipper or forwarder that needs to specialise in sending Carbon Dioxide, solid (Dry Ice) UN1845 without any other dangerous goods substances. Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualification.Access to the current IATA regulations is required, this can be purchased along with the course.
• Correctly prepare a dry ice shipment for air transportation
• Adhere to practices and standards regarding the responsibilities for the preparation and handling of dry ice shipments.
• Law and Applicability
• Limitations within the regulations, Hidden Dangerous Goods, Passengers & Crew, Post State and Operator Variations
• Classification & Identification, Proper Shipping Names and Special Provisions
• Packaging Requirements
• Marking & Labeling requirements
• Determine the handling and security requirements for transporting