10 Modules | 10 Hours plus Test | IMDG Certification | Access to regulations required
Start your training with an introduction to dangerous goods by completing a dangerous goods awareness course. You will discover what dangerous goods are, the regulations that support dangerous goods and the 9 hazard classes.
Our course supports learning for shipping Class 9 Lithium Batteries covering the transporting and shipping of Lithium ion UN3480, UN3481, Lithium metal UN3090 and UN3091 by sea transportation.
Our Lithium Batteries by Sea training is for employees that work in an environment where Lithium Ion or Metal Batteries are handled and prepared for shipping. The Sea course concludes with a knowledge test.
Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualification.
Access to the current IMDG regulations is required, this can be purchased along with the course.
Dangerous Goods Awareness & Lithium Batteries by Sea Course Objectives:
- Build your knowledge on dangerous goods
- Correctly prepare a consignment of lithium batteries for sea transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of lithium batteries for sea transportation
Dangerous Goods Awareness & Lithium Batteries by Sea Course Content:
- The Regulations
- The 9 Hazard Classes
- UK Law and Applicability
- Classification of Lithium ion and lithium metal batteries
- Proper Shipping Name and Special Provisions
- Packaging Requirements
- Marking & Labelling requirements for Lithium Batteries
- Preparing the transport document
- Handling & Security