6 Modules | 10 Hours including Test | ADR Certification | Access to regulations required
Our course supports learning for shipping Class 9 Lithium Batteries covering the transporting and shipping of Lithium-ion UN3480, UN3481, Lithium metal UN3090 and UN3091 by Road transportation.
Our Lithium Batteries by Road training is for employees that work in an environment where Lithium-Ion or Metal Batteries are handled and prepared for shipping. The course concludes with a knowledge test.
Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualifications.
Access to the current ADR regulations is required, this can be purchased along with the course.
Lithium Batteries by Road Course Objectives:
- Correctly prepare a consignment of lithium batteries for road transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of lithium batteries for road transportation
Lithium Batteries by Road Course Content:
- Law and Applicability
- Classification of Lithium Batteries
- Identification of substances in the Dangerous Goods List, Proper Shipping Names and Special Provisions
- Packaging Requirements
- Marking & Labelling requirements
- Preparation of Dangerous Goods transport documents
- Tunnel Codes and Transport Categories
- Cargo Handling & Security